Friday, December 6, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Drawing Challenge: Day 6: Try a Style.

So today's challenge was to try 6 different art styles. Digitally I have been working on stylistic approaches of Adventures, artist Dawud Anyabwile, and the anime RedLine. Traditional sketches of Disney, Superhero comics, Black Sad artist Juanjo Guarindo.

Adventure Time



DAWUD ANYABWILE

I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Anyabwile at Comics Art Forum, an annual event at the Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah Campus) where several artist in the industry visit and do portfolio reviews and workshops. I attended one of his workshop/ lectures, and it was amazing. Although I would say many people know him for his comic and character Brotherman, Mr. Anyabwile has done storyboarding for several Cartoon Network shows. While he has his own unique style he also can utilize other styles , so he is a big influence for me, as I continue to work on developing a style of my own, but also being able to mimic other styles.

I did a portrait of Nelson Mandela, but my process was based on one of Mr. Anyabwile's speed portrait videos.

DAWUD ANYABWILE- SELF PORTRAIT SPEED PAINTING.

At the layer of color I set to color mood instead of multiply. Thought the look was interesting.
Finished sketch.

REDLINE (AKA. One of the best hand-drawn anime movies on earth)

Aliens, Racecars, Extreme speed and Black Placement what more could I ask for?
Racer and robo-alien companion

No comments:

Post a Comment