Saturday, December 7, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Drawing Challenge: Day 7: ......

Sooooo I've come to the realization that this challenge is overwhelming, especially with the part of increasing the workload with each passing day.  

Wondering if I should keep everything as sketches or allow things to develop in stages.

Today I pulled fan-art, then try-a-style (which is too soon to repeat) and then "music video inspired animatic". Already behind with some challenges I decided to concentrate catching up, taking product shots of a salt and pepper grinder I made some time ago, and figuring out something quick to do for day  7. I thought "Hey! Seven Deadly Sins character design".  This is coming from someone who enjoys just spending a day on silhouettes.  By the time 10:30 rolls I'm hating the designs especially since I forgoed prelim sketching.

To be honest I'm not sure how fast I should be as an artist. Am I really slow? How long should it really be taking me to do these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment